Requests For Features

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sat Sep 26 09:07:13 PDT 2015

On 13/09/15 17:49, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
[snip]

> ffmpeg -i "itv.flv" -c copy -f mp4 "itv.mp4" ; I also use
> "-bsf:a aac_adtstoasc" in the above command, maybe it's not strictly
> needed - as someone said - but to include it won't do any harm.

Hi Vangelis,
Had a few moments to sort out my flv downloads.  There are quite a few,
all with long complex titles with meaningless reference numbers which
make them difficult to type without error so I tried a wee batch file
based on your advice to run in the directory with all the flv files as
follows:-

for file in *.flv ; do ffmpeg -i $file -c copy -f mp4 ${file%.flv}.mp4 ;
done

This seems to work OK but if you can suggest improvements please do.
Meanwhile I have a couple of naive questions:-

The mp4 files are all about 3 MiB smaller (in 1.0 GiB). Why is that?

When running the script I get the following comments for each file
converted:-

[mp4 @ 0x22d38e0] Codec for stream 0 does not use global headers but
container format requires global headers
[mp4 @ 0x22d38e0] Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but
container format requires global headers

This omission does not appear fatal but what is going on?

BTW Thanks again for all your help.
Regards,
Budge