Problems with --exclude-supplier=akamai and HD downloads

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 01:59:44 PDT 2015

As per the details in earlier emails on the list I changed to using hls for
fetching HD proms, etc.

This now works very well. Indeed in the mornings before 9am it fetches over
400 frames per sec. Which is *faster* than when I was using RTMP.

I had also found that exclude akamai suddenly lost the ability to get HD.
But not excluding caused RTMP fetching not to work reliably. However hls is
now excellent here.

I've not yet experimented with hls for Radio 3 though. So would be
interested in comments from others on the best mode/options for that.

Jim