Why is '-- type radio' needed?

Mable Syrup blackonesugar at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 00:17:45 PDT 2015

(Reply below the snip, I don't think my quoting is on form)

 Subject: Re: Why is '-- type radio' needed?
 To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
 Date: Friday, 16 October, 2015, 1:52

 On Mon Oct 12 14:11:52
 BST 2015, David Cantrell wrote:

 > $ get_iplayer --pid b069b676 --type
 radio

 > PIDs are
 unique, so there can not be, under any circumstances,
 both
 > radio and TV programmes with the
 same PID, so there is no possible

 ambiguity if I leave out the '--type radio'.

 Hello David, hope all's
 well with you...

 Yes, the
 undisputed fact is that the PID string is (forever) uniquely
 tied
 to a BBC programme, be it TV, Radio or
 (more recently) podcast.

IUnless there's a glitch.  I one posted about b0080rwc being the pid for two different programmes, but no-one replied.

"get_iplayer --get --type=radio --pid b0080rwc

"INFO: Sherlock Holmes - The Adventure of the Veiled Lodger - Sherlock Holmes - The Adventure of the Veiled Lodger (b0080rwc) Already in history (/home/administrator/.get_iplayer/download_history) - use --force to override"

i.e., a different, but related, programme.  Added the --force and get
"INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Sherlock Holmes - In Search of Professor Moriarty"

veiled lodger is now on the BBC under a different PID, but MR Google does have some references showing the original.

Mable