Problem with pvr download but not using CLI

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 09:16:37 PST 2015

On 30/11/15 17:03, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:10:14PM +0000, Budge wrote:
>
>> Just checked another downloaded radio file and AtomicParsley reports a
>> segmentation fault.  What does this mean
> The program tried to access memory that hadn't been allocated to it.
>
>>                                           and what has caused it please?
> The programmer used C when he should have instead used a programming
> language that manages memory for him :-) If you've only recently started
> seeing it then either you've installed a new version of AtomicParsley
> (or of some library that it uses), or the data you're processing with it
> has changed in such a way that it's now exercising a buggy code path
> that you were previously managing to avoid.

Hi David,
I am not a coder and only came across this running AtomicParsley with -T
command to check the GiP file as advised by Vangelis a while ago.
Does this mean the problem is with GiP or BBC I wonder?  I have seen
some error messages during GiP downloads recently but the files seem to
play OK.
I leave to others more knowledgeable than I.