BBC Web Documentary: Heroes ....

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Nov 26 15:11:47 PST 2015

On Thu Nov 26 17:43:58 GMT 2015, CJB wrote:

> an earlier video clip - not sure how to download it though:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34519316

 I am fully aware my long (but detailed) posts will likely
not draw a great number of readers (the TLDR effect...).
 But I DID very recently cover the issue of downloading
BBC News Clips here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-October/008346.html

And a related support forum entry
https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-573-post-3133.html#pid3133
that links to my list post.
(BTW, as not being a native English speaker,
are "gory details" a good or bad remark?)

Since then, the code maintainer has pushed the following commit
in the develop branch:
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/8e8a5fff1f508133ae22d9f89577559339cc806f

So you can now
1) use the dev edition of the get_iplayer script
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/gipdev
2) If you are handy with a text editor, try
to patch your 2.94 copy (at your own risk)
3) use the Python script youtube-dl,
as instructed by dinky...
(standalone executable available for windows users).

On Thu Nov 26 18:21:27 GMT 2015, CJB wrote:

> The link (and PID) appears to be here:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06pwc58
> but the episode is not available.

The BBC One "Breakfast" show (06:00-0915GMT)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v5tb
is not being available on-demand - only as a live
iPlayer stream during broadcast:

[quote]
 Breakfast on BBC iPlayer

We're sorry but Breakfast isn't available on BBC iPlayer for rights reasons.
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/progs_avail
[/quote]

Watch if a clip (excerpt) makes it on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v5tb/clips