Audacity, get_iplayer & Windows 10

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:48:39 PST 2015

OK - that's all good to know. But ... do I really need to upgrade to
Win 10 anyway? Its the aggressive forcing of the issue that riles me.
My little Acer notebook hasn't the capacity for a full blown Windows.
I only have Win 7 Starter anyway. And my 250GB hard drive is full of
video and audio files. There's no room for more bloat from MS.

But the killer is the enforced updates. How dare MS dictate my
lifestyle. Life is too  short. I only have a Three mobile dongle with
a contract for 5GB a month. So updates I do at MacD's on free wifi and
in my own time. I don't need MS stealing my small allowance. I have
also removed all attempts to download Win 10. There's a couple of
excellent sites at

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html

Now to better things. There's Audacity 2.1.1 to explore.

Thanks again folks -

Take care -

Chris B.

P.S. Just got Malwarebytes to removed 139 PUP files - great free trial
of on-time monitoring. MS Security Essentials missed them all.