GIP on Western Digital MyCloud

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Sun Nov 15 04:08:05 PST 2015

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:46:30 +0000, Roger Bell_West wrote:

>> So more digging required!  Seems like the 64k page memory build is a
>> bit of a hurdle for anyone trying to do things on the MyCloud over and
>> above what comes pre-installed.
>
> I have to admit that at this point I'd be thinking that a Raspberry Pi
> or similar low-power machine would be less trouble.

+1

Raspberry Pi with OSMC installed so it'll act as a pretty good media player
connected to your telly. Install GiP for what GiP does, configure OSMC and
GiP to use space on the My Cloud device for storage/playback.

That's what I have except the storage is a USB HD connected to the Pi, also
USB powered. I have used NAS space in the past, if you can mount it you can
use it.  B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.