How do I select an episode please?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Nov 13 12:22:55 PST 2015

On Fri Nov 13 17:21:22 GMT 2015, Budge wrote:

> I ran your script...
> (snip)
> pvrsearch = Thursday_Opera_Matinee
>        modes = best
>        search0 = Thursday Opera Matinee
>        type = radio
>
> But when I run it this is what I get:
>
> (snip)
> Running PVR Searches:
> Afternoon_on_3_-_Thursday_Opera_Matinee
> Thursday_Opera_Matinee
> alastair at linux:~>
>
> No download follows.

 Sorry to hear (errr... read) that :-(
I'm at a loss here; if it's a Linux
issue or a regex related one, then
I'm sorry I can't be of much help...

Things to try:
Delete the non-working search:

get_iplayer --pvr-del Afternoon_on_3_-_Thursday_Opera_Matinee

Run only the new search with the --verbose switch,
to possibly reveal more info...

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force
get_iplayer --pvr-single Thursday_Opera_Matinee --verbose -t > PVRLog.txt
2>&1

Please post log as an attachment
(remove any personal info - but only that!)
or use an online service (pastebin etc.)

Hopefully, some other Linux knowledgeable list member
will spot what exactly inside that log is the cause of your grief...

PS: Just to satisfy my curiosity, I removed pid=b06nrywr
from my history file (a result of the successful PVR run
posted in my previous reply), run

get_iplayer --pvr-single Thursday_Opera_Matinee --verbose -t > PVRLog.txt
2>&1

from the command prompt (-t not to re-download...)
and the attached log shows that yesterday's
programme is, yet again, correctly identified...

Regards,
Vangelis.