[SOLVED] Need help with "command" function.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Nov 12 09:12:54 PST 2015

On Thu Nov 12 10:08:12 GMT 2015, batguano999 wrote:

> I am not able to use "reply" or "reply all" at present.

This is inconvenient, I guess, and does prevent you
from participating into existing list threads...
Hope you get to the bottom of it soon... :-)

> This works with Ubuntu Linux:
> get_iplayer --type=radio "Bells on Sunday" --get --force --raw -c
> 'ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -f wav - | gogo -b 96 stdin "<fileprefix>.mp3"; rm
> "<filename>"'

So, in your setup the OS knows where to find the ffmpeg binary
by simply issuing "ffmpeg"; the same should be true with the GOGO-no-coda
binary (unless it's simply placed alongside ffmpeg);
the end MP3 encode is to be found alongside GOGO-no-coda binary.
 The whole command is easy to compose and grasp...
Well, in the world of MS you win some, you lose some (probably
more, but let's not start another round of Windows v OpenSourseOS
discussions...).

> no artwork, no metadata.

You can always tag the MP3 encode post conversion
with GiP, by placing the file inside GiP's download directory
("<dir>") and using a combo of  "--mp3" + "--tag-only";
MP3::Tag Perl module required:

get_iplayer --type=radio "Bells on
Sunday" -g --force --modes=best --mp3 --tag-only --tag-podcast-radio

You may wish to see how this behaviour was enhanced by commit:
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/e112498
pushed to the develop branch and about to appear in next tag release...

Cheers,
Vangelis.