Available Programme has `available' in the Future.

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Sat May 30 00:46:02 PDT 2015

"Vangelis forthnet" <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> writes:

> Please, DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT when
> you are replying to a message of an existing thread;
> this is why the list software rejected your post;
> Please read (and heed) rule 3 of the list netiquette:
> http://david.woodhou.se/email.html

I hope you'll indulge me in a little confirmation here, as I've never
heard of such behaviour on other lists. Some would consider it /good/
netiquette to change the Subject: line within a thread when the
conversation within some branch of the thread has drifted onto some
side-topic and the original Subject: line is no longer matching the
actual content, like with the "X (was Y)" style of subject that one
sometimes sees for a few articles before the "(was Y)" part gets
dropped. So, not really starting a new thread, just reflecting that the
already has and the Subject: line has become inappropriate. If people do
that on this list, it will actually reject their message automatically?
If so, for this list, should I just be leaving the Subject: line as it
is, or is it preferred that I actually start a different thread while
quoting material from this thread?

(Though, admittedly, on this list there's a fair chance the X would be
enough off-topic that I wouldn't normally be replying anyway!)

-- Mark