Downloads hanging

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Wed May 13 06:34:00 PDT 2015

On 13 May 2015 at 09:27, Jed Robbins <jed.robbins at virginmedia.com> wrote:

> In the last few weeks my downloads have stopped working. Get_iplayer seems to connect but then nothing happens i.e.
> [snip]
>>
> This happens for tv and radio and on both linux and windows.
>
> Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a solution?

People have had problems in the past connecting to particular servers
from particular networks.

You could try something like this:
  $ get_iplayer --get --type=radio --pid b05tl3jk --mode flashaacstd2

which would force get-iplayer to use the second content delivery
server it finds (rather than the first, which appears to be getting
stuck for you).

Jon