Seedbox & GiP

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Thu Mar 26 15:39:58 PDT 2015

On 26 Mar 2015 at 15:02, David Cantrell David Cantrell
<david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> > > Peter Kirk wrote:
> > > Reason VPS is in Holland is price: initially Euro 30 pa, now discounted.

> > Peter Corlett wrote
> > The Dutch love a bargain, but that price can't possibly be sustainable.
>
> For a very small VPS running on over-subscribed hardware it might be.
> And it's not like that would matter if you just use it for occasional
> torrenting and the like. So your torrent downloads a bit slower. Big
> deal.

That's a reasonably accurate description. VPS is 100GB HDD, 1GB RAM and 1TB
monthly bandwidth - which I never get close to.

I installed Debian minimal on it:
Linux vps 2.6.32-042stab093.5 #1 SMP Wed Sep 10 17:39:49 MSK 2014 x86_64
GNU/Linux

For the first 4 to 6 months the host server was often slow with some
crashes too. However, over time the other VPSs on the host reduced their
usage - experimentation with various software solutions ended maybe - and
it is usually reliable now.

Cheers,

Peter