Seedbox & GiP

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Wed Mar 25 13:21:47 PDT 2015

On 25 Mar 2015 at 4:16, Vangelis forthnet Vangelis forthnet
<northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> wrote:

> On Tue Mar 24 21:49:13 GMT 2015, Peter S Kirk wrote:
>
> > Went through all the steps and it would not work.
> > (snip)
> > VPS was in Holland.
>
> Hello Peter!
>
>  Would it not work even for radio files?

I did not try radio files as they are small and stored locally. The plan
was to record the TV programmes, then move them to cloud storage (500GB) as
the VPS has a 1Gbs connection, but only 100GB disk space. Thus much faster
than downloading with local connection then uploading to cloud.

They can then be downloaded and watched when required by my family and
myself.

>  I guess Dutch IPs are very popular with
> Seedboxes because of the relaxed
> file-sharing policies that are (still?)
> in force in Holland!

I was not aware of that, I often wondered why OVH is there when UK has
bigger "pipes", that explains it.

Reason VPS is in Holland is price: initially Euro 30 pa, now discounted.

> > Must have been having a severe prolonged blonde moment
> > (snip)
> > Silly me
>
> You should not be that harsh on yourself;
> "errare humanum est".
> What's important is to learn from
> one's mistakes so to never repeat them!

Absolutely, exactly the approach I take.

Cheers,

Peter
Free £10 ebay voucher. Join ebay as a new user, make a purchase for £5 or
more (exc postage) using Paypal before 13 April 2015 and receive a £10
Paypal voucher off your next ebay purchase of £15 or more (exc postage).
Click: http://invite.ebay.co.uk/i/l4bY6e4f1l95

http://invite.ebay.co.uk/faq/welcome
http://invite.ebay.co.uk/tc/welcome