Problems downloading Caribbean with Simon Reeve

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Mar 24 18:49:14 PDT 2015

On Tue Mar 24 18:51:20 GMT 2015, Anthony Kehoe wrote:

> certain programmes download on a delay
> in the PVR versus a manual get.

Hi

 It would be interesting to find why this occurs...
As far as I can tell, both a manual GiP search
and the execution by the PVR of a saved PVR search
parse the same local "tv.cache" file.
 It is indeed true that freshly broadcast programmes
take some time to populate the respective cache, and
in the meantime can be fetched via pid, but - as said -
it is my impression both searches rely upon the same cache file...
 Or it may well be age got the better of me
and I am just writing nonsense!

PS: I did notice your manual search performed
on Tue morning picked up Episode 2 of the series:

> Matches:
> 762:    Caribbean with Simon Reeve - Episode 1, BBC Two England, Audio
> Described,Factual,Lifestyle & Leisure,Travel, default,audiodescribed
> 763:    Caribbean with Simon Reeve - Episode 2, BBC Two England, , default

That will first air on Sun 29 Mar 2015 20:00 BST.
Have you perhaps enabled the future cache
(--refresh-future switch)?
A manual search on my side only lists Episode 1!

Regards.