pvr search term no longer works

Trevor Campbell Davis tcd at eur.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 05:32:10 PDT 2015

I've had a similar problem since recent updates.

I use PVR for daily R3 downloads, including Afternoon on 3.  Most of them
are still picked up PVR searches and download each day without problems.  A
few, however, including Afternoon on 3 and Composer of the Week, for
example, are no longer picked up by my stored generic title search.  If I do
a new PVR search, they are listed, but I have to add them afresh to the
stored search list.  They then list with a more specific title - for
example, Composer of the Week followed by this week's named composer.

So the issue seems to be how to retain generic programme titles in the PVR
regular search list, which will correctly find and download all individual
programmes.  It may be to do with the use of word spacing, punctuation
(colons, dashes etc) and episode references in programme name strings, but I
haven't yet had time to investigate further.  The problem seems to have
arisen following the need for GiP to use new programme source datasets,
which (I suppose) may have different or more specific programme name
strings.

Trevor