radio sample rates.
ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Sun Mar 15 15:23:57 PDT 2015
I'm not sure if this is connected but two or three weeks ago I was still
on v2.89 (I think) and all radio downloading suddenly became unavailable.
Things all started working again after I updated to 2.91 which had all
the changes in it for the upcoming changes to BBC streaming methods
(which had obviously just happened when things stopped for me).
Maybe this change to BBC methods is also when the file rates became 48k
On 15/03/2015 17:20, Jim web wrote:
> I've done some more checking.
> The change seems to have occurred when I changed from using 2.90 to 2.91
> but I've used the same command options thoughout.
> At the same point the syntax of the fetched file names has changed for
> series. e.g. I was getting the 'cosmic quest' (R4x) series in weekly
> bursts. When using 2.90 the file names didn't have numbers (and are 44.1k).
> Using 2.91 they have numbers (and are 48k).
> I also looked back at some early tests I did where the flv isn't converted.
> They're all 44.1k as well.
> So this may be a co-incidence, but it looks like a change of behaviour from
> 2.90 to 2.91. Though why that would alter the sample rate for radio files I
> don't know. When I get a chance I'll try 2.92.
More information about the get_iplayer