HDTV specs

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sun Mar 8 06:36:30 PDT 2015

Yes, 1280 x 720 is normal for iPlayer "HD" and they only include stereo sound even if the original broadcast had 5.1 sound. BBC channels broadcast in HD over DVB-T2 look much better, and sometimes have 5.1 sound which I use.

I play all this stuff on my TV, get_iplayer downloads play fine on my Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR. I find watching on a PC a poorer experience for either iPlayer HD downloads or DVB-T2 broadcasts (I can extract them from my PVR).
--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK