GetIPlayer PVR not working from cron

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 03:05:24 PDT 2015

>     The usual method is a job with asterisks for all periods, and "echo
>     $PATH >/tmp/path" as the task.

Yes, I did something similar, I output a set command to a file.  As you
suggest, this revealed the cron environment to be very minimalist.

>     I'd ensure that /opt/share/bin is explicitly set at the front of the
>     PATH. Cron usually keeps its PATH really simple, PATH=/bin:/usr/bin,
>     for example.

Yes, though in fact what I did to get it working last night was 'source
/etc/profile; <GIP PVR command>'.

I still don't understand why the GIP perl script is not picking up the path
from its own options file, though.

Thanks for all your help, and regards
Charles Macfarlane.