Problems with get_iplayer.cgi since 2.94

Anthony Kehoe garion at aloria.net
Wed Jun 17 14:46:22 PDT 2015

Okay, figured it out. It turns out it was because of the environment.
I start the get_iplayer.cgi script as follows:
su iTunes -c 'nohup /home/iTunes/get_iplayer/get_iplayer.cgi -p 1935
-g /home/iTunes/get_iplayer/get_iplayer &'

If I ran the command actually su'd to the iTunes user, it worked fine.
I had to change the su command to include the -l parameter (executes
command as login shell). This solved my issue.