Most of BBC Radio programmes to become downloadable...

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Jul 20 09:13:45 PDT 2015

On Fri Jul 17 22:50:25 BST 2015, CJB wrote:

> Most of BBC Radio programmes to become downloadable

More on this on the BBC Blog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/4eba16ca-f1e8-4744-a305-7a31b3804535

And it's only for iOS (>=7.1), Android (>=4.1)
and Kindle Fire (HDX & >=HD 3rd gen) devices...

> We'll have to see how this works for non-UK listeners.

It does not - the BBC iPlayer Radio app is available
from the respective e-stores (Apple App Store, Google Play
and Amazon Appstore) only for UK IPs... ;-{
And the download CDNs are UK-only, too!
If you plan an overseas trip, the blog suggests:

> And, for those of you about to head off abroad on your holidays,
> you can download them before you go here in the UK
> and then listen to them there too.

Plea: Those of you in the UK that have the app installed
and running, can you perform some kind of URL sniffing
on your tablet/smartphone to possibly reveal the download
URLs template for those new (drm'd) audio downloads?
I'd like to take a look at their specs, in order to
hopefully provide an answer to:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-July/008039.html
Doesn't the app come with any indication at all for
the audio bitrate being played back?

Regards,
Vangelis.