Paywall for iPlayer?

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 06:19:50 PDT 2015

On 07/07/2015 01:39 PM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:06:38 +0100, michael norman wrote:
>
>>> Yes but what about people who never ever watch TV at all.  There are
>>> some, believe it or not - my parents for instance.  They have computers
>>> and internet, but why should they pay a charge for something they will
>>> never use,
>
> That is a problem but sort of worked around if you call it a "Media Licence"
> that is it gives the household the ability to legally view any media from
> any source. Be that Netflix, 4OD, YouTube or, at the extreme, the
> graphics/still images that make up a web page.

Yes I have bt youview  which includes all the catch up stuff I have a
Netflix account anyway but would have to pay for it if I wanted to watch
it on Youview  So leaving to one side the licence fee I'm paying for the
BT tv package and didn't want BBC content ? What then ?

> Just get the ISPs to report those customers that access "media" sites? Or
> just extend the current regulations relating to copyright infringement.

What, after ISPs have been asked to give up all their data to spooks
already ?  Current regulations about copyright and intellectual property
are a mess.  Most if not all were designed before digital happened.  The
only people who will make money out of any of that are Lawyers.
Politicians don't have a clue.

Mike