Unable To Download

Lewis Croll trowerblues at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 5 15:03:35 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 5 July 2015, 18:41, Alan Milewczyk <alan at soulman1949.com> wrote:
>Hi Lewis

>That output occurs when you're giving a get_iplayer an unrecognised or
>invalid switch. I've just tried
>get_iplayer --pid=p02tw8xk
>and it's downloading fine for me. I'm on win7 x64.

>The last part of the output tells you it's unable to find the output
>type you've specified:

>No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'default'

>So it's suggesting you try alternatives such as
>"flashhd,flashhigh,flashlow,flashstd,flashvhigh,hlshd,hls
>high,hlslow,hlsstd,hlsvhigh"

>What's the EXACT command line instruction you're giving? Also is a TV
>mode set in your preferences?

>Regards

>Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your assistance!

The exact line I entered was 'get_iplayer --pid=p02tw8xk' & that's strange as I'm also on windows 7 & x64bit too.

As for 'alternative modes', how do I use these? I don't know if a tv mode is set in preferences, where should I be checking for this?

As you have probably noticed, my knowledge is limited on this kind of thing!

Cheers,
Lewis