unable to get specific pid

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:35:16 PST 2015

On 25 February 2015 at 16:06, John Adams <servicesuk-anon001 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 25/02/2015 15:56, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 25 February 2015 at 15:52, John Adams <servicesuk-anon001 at yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> Command:
>>>
>>> get_iplayer -g --force --pid p00f79tm
>>>

>>> Output:
>>>
>>> get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>>>    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
>>> --warranty.
>>>    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
>>> certain
>>>    conditions; use --conditions for details.
>>>
>>> INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
>>> INFO: pid found in cache
>>> Matches:
>>> 1642:    The Great War - 9. Please God, Send Us Victory, BBC Two,
>>> Factual,History, default
>>>
>>> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
>>> WARNING: No programme versions found
>>
>> Does your pid match the one shown by
>> get-iplayer -i 1642
>>
>> You could try
>> get-iplayer -get 1642
>>
>> Colin
>>
> 1. Yes it does
>
> 2. I tried that - same result.
>
> What happens when you try either command?

$ get-iplayer "the great war"
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1626:    The Great War Interviews - 1. Frank Brent, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1627:    The Great War Interviews - 2. Katie Morter, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1628:    The Great War Interviews - 3. Henry Williamson, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1629:    The Great War Interviews - 4. Cecil Arthur Lewis, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1630:    The Great War Interviews - 5. Stefan Westmann, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1631:    The Great War Interviews - 6. Charles Carrington, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1632:    The Great War Interviews - 7. Mabel Lethbridge, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1633:    The Great War Interviews - 8. John Willis Palmer, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1634:    The Great War Interviews - 9. Edward Glendinning, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1635:    The Great War Interviews - 10. Horace Leslie Birks, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1636:    The Great War Interviews - 11. Richard Henry Tobin, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1637:    The Great War Interviews - 12. Edward Louis Spears, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1638:    The Great War Interviews - 13. Norman Macmillan, BBC,
Factual,History, default
1639:    The Great War - 9. Please God, Send Us Victory, BBC Two,
Factual,History, default

$ get-iplayer -i 1634
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1634:    The Great War Interviews - 9. Edward Glendinning, BBC,
Factual,History, default
INFO: Using 'iplayer' version as default
INFO: File name prefix = The_Great_War_Interviews-9
pid:            p01td39d

$ get-iplayer --get 1634
appears to work ok.

Colin