Anger over BBC radio streaming changes

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 02:36:30 PST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: CJB
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 9:28 PM
To: c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Cc: get_iplayer ; David Cantrell
Subject: Re: Anger over BBC radio streaming changes

>It is utterly unacceptable of the BBC to remove streams used by
>devices upon which the poorly sighted and blind rely on. They are
>licence payers too.
>Both of these cases are deliberately discriminatory and potentially
>illegal. Indeed to demand payment of the licence fee for services no
>longer available is tantamount to criminal fraud.

I'm not minimising the problem, but note that we do not pay a licence fee
for radio, only for TV - you don't need a licence to listen to BBC radio.
The problem we're discussing here is, I believe, only something that affects
radio, so I don't think that the "we're licence fee payers" argument is
particularly valid.

Chris