New Linux Installation Question

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 10:41:27 PST 2015

I have managed to mess up my RAID configuration and have taken advantage
to install new drives and upgrade OS so am installing GiP ab initio
following wiki instructions to the letter.  Two questions:-

Is the github .../wiki/release291 the one to install?\

I have a problem with permissions/ownership.  I have followed wiki and
put file in /usr/local/bin (which is in path) but when I try to run from
cli in bash  I get

ERROR: /usr/local/bin/get_iplayer is not writable - aborting update
(maybe a package manager was used to install get_iplayer?).  I am logged
in correctly as user and the permissions are -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root
423921 Feb  9 18:16 get_iplayer, which tells me that user should be able
to write.  Is it an environment issue or am I just losing it?  Never had
this problem before.

Budgie