expat shield

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Feb 4 20:50:11 PST 2015

On Thu Feb 5 03:00:29 GMT 2015, Bob McLellan wrote:

> I live in the USA and use get_iplayer to record tv and radio I miss from
> the UK.

Hi Bob :-)
Sadly, it is the wishes and policy of the owner of this list
not to condone the use of GiP for accessing geo-blocked
(usually TV) content from BBC iPlayer - this could threaten
the very existence of GiP itself...
 You can redirect your query elsewhere... In the meantime,
you'll find that you can continue to download your favo(u)rite
BBC radio content from your US IP, albeit in a lesser (but
satisfactory) bitrate/quality...
The main TV programmes are, of course, off-limits,
however many excerpts of the full shows (clips) and
a whole variety of other BBC video content are being made
available internationaly...

Cheers