Coast issues

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sun Aug 9 12:47:52 PDT 2015

On 9 Aug 2015 at 12:52, Charlie Heard Charlie Heard
<charlieheard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just come back off holiday, and I'm trying to catch up on things. I'm
> getting errors trying to get the latest Coast episodes 4 & 5.
>
> I ran the PVR download, and it completed Coast very quickly - the file was
> tiny. I've tried running it from the command line in Win7x64, and it starts
> fine. It will download for several seconds at 1.4Mb, then it will slow to a
> crawl, timeout, restart a few times and then crash rtmpdump. Sometimes it
> gets to 15%, sometimes to 1%. If I close get_iplayer  while it's retrying, I
> can get it do download several more percent at high speed before slowing
> again. In this way, I managed to get close to 40%.
>
> I've tried downloading the latest Windows install and reinstalling
> get_iplayer and rtmpdump, even though they were up to date. An example log
> is below. I originally tried with "mode=best", and changed it to see if that
> cured it.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why it should be behaving like this after a week
> away?

4 and 5 both worked here

INFO: File name prefix = Coast_Series_10_-
_4._The_Irish_Sea_b06451nm_default

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              3559.08
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00

video:609957kB audio:40607kB subtitle:0 data:0 global headers:0kB muxing
overhead 0.355769%
INFO: Recorded C:\.........\Coast_Series_10_-
_4._The_Irish_Sea_b06451nm_default.mp4

Progress:> 99%
 Finished writing to temp file.
Recording complete

INFO: File name prefix = Coast_Series_10_-_5._Wild_Waters_b0650stg_default

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              3563.04
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00

frame=89076 fps=4084 q=-1.0 Lsize=  653606kB time=00:59:23.02
bitrate=1502.7kbits/s
video:610636kB audio:40652kB subtitle:0 data:0 global headers:0kB muxing
overhead 0.355988%

Progress: > 99%
 Finished writing to temp file.
INFO: Episode-only pid detected

Recording complete

-----

Web Hosting and VPS provided by HostSlim
https://clients.hostslim.eu/aff.php?aff=079