secret history of our streets - sd or hd

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 09:16:39 PDT 2015

In article <ACBC8768D4904DC0AE77F3DDF0578A1D at vasonote>, Vangelis
forthnet
<northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> wrote:
> On Wed Apr 29 14:18:21 BST 2015, Jim Lesurf (aka jim web) wrote:

> > So, is episode 2 available as HD but I failed to fetch it for some
> > reason? Or is this series 'mixed' for some reason?

> Hi again, Jim :-)

>  First thing, you typed your first pid wrong; it's b01jt9bv (not
> b01jt96v)

Apologies. The problem is that I can't read my own handwriting! 8-/

I sat in front of the 'AV' machine and wrote down the pid with ye olde pen
and paper. Then used that to type the email, but misread what I'd written.

[snip useful info]

> If you strongly feel episode 2 should've been made available in HD, feel
> free to contact the beeb and let them know...

Alas, I don't know anyone on the 'TV' side as my main interest is sound
radio. But I may ask someone I know. It seems odd that the episodes are
treated differently, so I'm wondering if someone clicked the wrong option
somewhere.

Oh well, my main interest in these programmes are when they are the kinds
of areas I remember from my ancient past. So - fingers crossed - I hope
later editions that I'm interested in *are* HD! Its particularly useful for
seeing the map projections.

Thanks for the info. My problem with --verbose is that I'll also have to
work out what it reports actually means! But I'll experiment with it!

Thanks for the help,

Jim