libxml2-2_.dll missing?

Philip Colmer philip at colmer.me.uk
Fri Apr 10 06:17:30 PDT 2015

> The full error from get_iplayer is:
>
> Can't load 'C:/Program Files
> (x86)/get_iplayer/lib/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.dll' for module XML::LibXML:
> load_file:The specified module could not be found at DynaLoader.pm line
190.
>  at XML/LibXML.pm line 156.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at XML/LibXML.pm line 156.
> Compilation failed in require at XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 19.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 19.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 67) line 1.

A small update ... I've now discovered that running get_iplayer in an
administrator command prompt window doesn't have the problem.

So it would seem to be a permissions problem somewhere but I'm a bit bemused
as to where. I can browse the files just fine as myself without hitting any
permission problems.

Regards

Philip