[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 05:22:37 PDT 2014

On 30/10/14 11:43, Square Penguin wrote:
> Budgie wrote:
>> what is the best way find required PID or URL to continue to get
>> programmes while we can?
>
> Aside from the usual way of manually extracting the PID/URL from the
> iPlayer site page there are a few scripts popping up which seem to be
> used with Firefox in some way. I don't use Firefox so you might have to
> look into that but the info is in this thread:
>
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/topic/downloading-using-multiple-pids/

Hi Square Penguin, many thanks.  When I wrote my last message most of
the messages in this thread had not reached my screen.  Now I am
overwhelmed with options but no time to play.

Further to my concerns over encryption there may be a simpler
motivation.  The loss of licence fees from all those using IT devices
and time shifting techniques so as to avoid legally paying the fee.

Will have to dedicate time each evening to do the business with BBC
website.  I abhor the iPlayer site and use the schedules to find what I
want.  I hope a better solution can be found.