Quick URL doesn't work ....

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Wed Oct 29 20:01:04 PDT 2014

Just following this up, I'm really struggling..... I read some of the
docs on substitution parameters and taking the first Autumnwatch
programme which has a PID of b04n8zdp, I tried amending the example
showing how to download "Top Gear"  with this for Autumnwatch|:

get_iplayer --pid ||b04n8zdp --tvmode=best --type=tv
--file-prefix="<nameshort><-senum><-episodeshort>"|

I got the following result:
"get_iplayer v2.86, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
WARNING: PID URL contained no RDF data. Trying to record PID directly.
INFO: Trying pid: b04n8zd using type: tv
INFO: Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache

ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Alan