[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:40:54 PDT 2014

On 29/10/2014 19:13, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 29/10/2014 13:20, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so
>
> Some follow-up:

And some more:

You may find some screwy metadata in your downloads as well.  If fields
formerly found in the now-dead data feeds aren't overwritten by values
in other metadata sources, you will see some junk data containing a
warning about feeds being no longer available.  It has also been
reported that thumbnails aren't downloaded for programmes less than 7
days old when downloaded via --pid. I think both of these issues are due
to pre-existing problems in get_iplayer that have only come to light
with the data feeds gone.