Help with --command syntax

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 22 12:50:10 PDT 2014

On Wed Oct 22 18:01:42 BST 2014, Timothy wrote:

> You should just run:
> "F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remux\remux.bat"

(I have added a backslash you omitted).

 First of all, many thanks for your input, Timothy.
Yes, if I go:

Win+R, type:
"F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remux\remux.bat"
& hit Enter, the batch file is executed OK.

> If you're going to exit right after, there's no need to tell Windows
> to open the console, because the batch file does that by default.

 If I want to run the batch file from the command prompt
- not the "Run" GUI dialog -  then I either have to
1) add the exit command at the end, or
2) add "EXIT" as the last line of the batch file (now it is ":END").
Else, I am left with an open Command Prompt Window after the
batch file has finished.

> get_iplayer <normal parameters> -c "F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remux\remux.bat"
> should work fine.

(I have added a backslash you omitted).

Unfortunately, this doesn't work (and it's the first thing I tried).
The batch file is "opened" and all the "echo" lines are printed
in GiP's console window, but the executables inside the
"FLVtoMP4remux" folder are not found:

"'EXE's name' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Also, the interim files that should've been created by the executables
are not there, so I get:

"The system cannot find the file specified."

I guess the EXEs cannot be found, because:
1) I have not added them to my PATH
(I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve this)
2) GiP's console window has as a working
directory GiP's installation folder...

But if I, somehow, tell GiP to run the command
I originally posted:

cmd /k "cd /d "F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remux" & "remux.bat" ^&& exit"

that "cd"s to where both the EXEs & .bat are found, I'd expect it should
work.
But HOW (what syntax)? And what if the path to files (and/or filenames)
contain whitespaces? I am at a loss here...

Dear dinky, any thoughts?

Regards,
Vangelis.