posibility of editing the recording history

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 14:28:45 PDT 2014

On 18/10/2014 21:50, David WIDGERY wrote:
> Is it possible to manually add or delete entry's in the recording history? I know I can override with --force but it is not always convenient when there are multiple programs of a similar name. I also download overnight and have discovered that the pid is not always correct if you wait several hours between searching for a pid and recording.

I think you mean the index number, not the PID.  The index number can
change whenever the cache updates.  PIDs don't change.

It's easiest to use --force --overwrite to replace a bad file.  Just
target to the PID or index # for the specific episode you want to
replace.  It puts another entry in the download history for that
episode, which is harmless.

Or edit the history in:

%USERPROFILE%\.get_iplayer\download_history

It's a plain text file.  Just delete the line(s) for the episodes you
want to download again.