Can't get the correct number of search matches

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:29:01 PDT 2014

On 16/10/2014 16:48, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> Unfortunately, the episodes in your particular series lack the metadata
> even the patched get_iplayer requires to download by PID after >7 days.
>   Likely broken at the BBC end, but hard to say these days.
>
> If anyone else finds some of these, post the URLs.  I can probably patch
> around this new problem, but it will mean screen scraping, which is
> inherently fragile.

Related patch has been pushed to GitHub.  Now if both XML and JSON
playlists don't net results, get_iplayer will attempt to scrape the
episode's iPlayer page to dig out the version PID values (vPIDs).  This
only works for TV programmes - iPlayer radio pages don't contain vPIDs -
so get_iplayer blindly marks any results from VPID scraping as TV
programmes.  This sort of functionality is very fragile, so expect it to
break at any time.  Hopefully the XML and JSON playlists will do he job
for most programmes.