Slow radio downloads - a bit off topic

George Eycott george at eycott.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 10:46:48 PST 2014

> 5 Mbps, 11 Mbps, 60 Mbps - these are numbers I just don't recognise -:(
> Here in rural Pembrokeshire, West Wales, I consider myself lucky if I get
> the nominal 2Mbps that BT rate the line (upload about 250Kbps!!).
> Fortunately Get_iPlayer trundles along quite happily and next morning I
> usually have the programmes I requested. Long live GIP -:)

Luxury.

2Mb/s download, yep we get that OK until the schoolbus pulls up in the
village in the afternoon then 10 minutes later everything slows to a crawl.
We are lucky to get 100Kb/s upload speed at any time, often it would
actually be quicker to use a dial up connection! Apparently our exchange is
known to be in congestion but nothing is planned to be done about it.....

"And you tell the young folk that today, they won't believe you...."