Live TV pining for the fjords

Mark Carroll mtbc at ixod.org
Sun Nov 9 09:37:46 PST 2014

Jim Lesurf <web at audiomisc.co.uk> writes:

> It explores the issue that there is an
> apparent conflict of interest for the BBC between its duty to its
> fee-paying viewers/listeners who pay for the BBC made/commissioned content
> and the legal vultures of the commercial companies whose films, etc, they
> want to show.

While I would be largely content if I could obtain only the BBC-created
content through get_iplayer -- after all, most of the films they show
are rubbish anyway -- I worry if that too is an issue: without them
being seen to protect it fairly aggressively, it might then be rather
harder for BBC Worldwide to sell their programmes on any kind of
exclusive basis to other countries.

Anyhow, now time for me to settle into an evening of viewing that
get_iplayer kindly timeshifted for me. (-:

-- Mark