iplayer audio to lpcm

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 08:46:53 PST 2014

On 08 Nov, Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net> wrote:
> The person that runs this mailing list has VERY firm views about how
> they should work. This is at odds with every other mailing I have ever
> been on, which must be around 50 by now. He feels it should work the
> same way as a direct email sent to multiple people, in that Reply goes
> just to the sender and Reply to All goes to everyone

Well, using my preferred email program I just get replies which are 'To'
the sender and 'CC' the list. I can deal with this by removing the 'To'.
But it does seem daft to have to do this every time.

It also seems odd given the list signup makes the point that only the list
admin can see the subscriber's details. IIUC the main purpose of that is to
ensure everyone *doesn't* see the email address of people submitting.

> But this argument has been done to death recently on the list and there
> is no point having it again. The list is not going to change how it
> works, this has been made very clear. The person who runs the list runs
> it his way, regardless of any majority view there might or might not be
> on the list.

The alternative would be for someone to start a new list and migrate to it.
*None* of the other email lists I've used for years work like this one.
However maybe that's been suggested before and no-one wants to bother to
set one up.

Jim