ePetition Covering Public Data From The Likes Of The BBC

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Nov 8 08:01:57 PST 2014

On 5 November 2014 16:40, C E Macfarlane <c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk> wrote:
> I believe that there is some policy concerning things like word-processor documents and spreadsheets, but I'm not aware of anything that covers publicly available raw electronic data.

You've evidently not seen the open data charter:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/open-data-charter

or one of the results of it:
    http://data.gov.uk/

I can also say from first-hand knowledge that government agencies have
for several years been mandating open data exchange standards in IT
projects.

But I'm way off the topic of get-iplayer, so I'm going to shut up now ;-)

Cheers
Jon