PVR "unwanted features"

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:23:14 PST 2014

On 04/11/2014 21:01, Don Grunbaum wrote:
> Repeating my thanks to DP et al for their very swift resolution to the
> First, DP's fix for the past weekend's two Formula 1 programmes doesn't
> seem to have worked for me (Windows XP and 7). The Radio 5 live
> programmes show in the cache, but not the TV.

The data sources are different, so things may be named slightly
differently now.  And of course some things may simply no longer be
available. But not in this case.  You need to learn how to use all the
search capabilities in get_iplayer. Use --fields=name,episode or --long
to look for things beyond just the programme name.  To wit:

get_iplayer --type tv --long "grand prix"

Matches:
564:	Formula 1 - 2014: The US Grand Prix Highlights, BBC Sport, Formula
One,Motorsport,Sport, default, 0 days 3 hours ago - Suzi Perry with
highlights of the US Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Texas.
565:	Formula 1 - 2014: The US Grand Prix - Qualifying Highlights, BBC
Sport, Formula One,Motorsport,Sport, default, 0 days 3 hours ago - Suzi
Perry introduces highlights of qualifying for the US Grand Prix.

get_iplayer --type radio --long "grand prix" --channel "5 live"

Matches:
10034:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US Grand Prix Preview, BBC Radio 5 live,
, 0 days 3 hours ago - A look ahead to the US Grand Prix in Texas with
the 5 live F1 team.
10035:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US GP 1st Practice, BBC 5 live sports
extra, , 0 days 3 hours ago - Live commentary on the first practice
session for the USA Grand Prix.
10036:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US Grand Prix, BBC Radio 5 live, , 0
days 3 hours ago - Jennie Gow presents live commentary of the US Grand
Prix from Austin, Texas.
10037:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US Grand Prix Review, BBC Radio 5 live,
, 0 days 3 hours ago - A look back at the US Grand Prix with the 5 live
F1 team.
10038:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US GP 3rd Practice, BBC 5 live sports
extra, , 0 days 3 hours ago - Live commentary on the third practice
session for the USA Grand Prix.
10039:	5 live Formula 1 - 2014: US GP Qualifying, BBC 5 live sports
extra, , 0 days 3 hours ago - Live commentary on the qualifying session
for the US Grand Prix.

> Also the PVR matching on type seems to have been lost, e.g. I have a PVR
> entry that looks for the string "sounds of the 70s" in a programme
> title, with a type setting of tv. It is now matching "Johnny Walker's
> sounds of the 70s" that has a type of radio.

Not here.

get_iplayer --pvr-list

pvrsearch = sounds70
	search0 = sounds of the 70s
	type = tv

get_iplayer --pvr

Running PVR Searches:
sounds70

No radio results in sight.  Check your options file, presets, etc.
--type=radio is creeping in somewhere