No programmes are available for this pid

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Tue Nov 4 07:37:45 PST 2014

On 04/11/2014 11:47, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> Alan Milewczyk <alan at soulman1949.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm puzzled by this message:
>> "No programmes are available for this pid with version(s): default"
>> which I get when trying to download two programmes (PIDs p0299nz3 and
>> p0299ml1).
> Usually it means they're only available in eg 'signed' form.  For that you
> need to include
>
>     --versions signed
>
> in your fetch command.  If you also include --verbose you'll get much more
> output from get_iplayer, but it will tell you what 'versions' it thinks are
> actually available, and if 'default' is not on the list it might make more
> sense.  (Assuming that you don't already see those lines without --verbose).

Hmm this gets more and more strange. I'm trying to download the
programme on a Linux laptop as RTMP seems to barf over the 4 GB limit on
Windows but not on Linux. The Linux PC says it ain't there (as
previously advised) but the Windows PC is downloading it normally (we've
not got to the 4GB limit yet).