Solutions to loss of RSS feed

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 03:47:06 PST 2014

On 02/11/14 06:42, Rob Dixon wrote:
> On 01/11/2014 16:32, Budgie wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rob,
>> Because I never use iPlayer I am not sure what functionality the BBC
>> offer but I have found the GiP PVR function invaluable for grabbing
>> radio programmes which I wish to hear but which are not necessarily on
>> at specific times.  I do not have time to pour over schedules.
>>
>> Take for example Trollopes' Barchester Chronicles.  These are being
>> broadcast from time to time in groups according to length.  Having the
>> PVR set up for these I do not have to search through the schedules and
>> the episodes appear in my file from time to time.  I have a few other
>> likely candidate programmes which I download by default and then delete
>> the rubbish when I have time to listen.
>>
>> I do not recall a similar functionality being available on iPlayer but
>> it is the only intelligent means of catering for people who are busy or
>> away from their computers for days at a time.  I wonder if this might
>> form the basis of an argument for gaining a Nitro Key to create an app
>> which provides a similar service?
>
> Thank you, that's very helpful. It looks like the Nitro interface is a
> BBC-only thing until next year at least, but I've tagged your email and
> will use it for ammunition.
>
> Rob
>

> ---
> protection is active.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply and glad my experience was helpful if not profound.
  (I am still trying to keep up with the discussion at the same time as
doing my books ready for the accountant.)

I later went back to the BBC site and noticed the tab for "Favourites"
which looked as though it would serve my needs.  Enrolled as required
and then tried to set up "Opera on 3" and "Afternoon on 3 - Thursday
Opera Matinee", both of which worked (with correct syntax) on PVR.

I still have not worked out how to set this up using BBC Favourites. The
BBC site is a nightmare; confusing issues with clips and excerpts and
graphics I do not need and then not providing the simple feature I do
want.  I shall refrain from a rant!!!

If any of the team here knows whether the Favourites page can provide
what I want please let me know.  It would be really neat, and in keeping
with everyones' objectives if one could use the BBC's own tools to give
us at least part of what we need.

Budgie