We should be grateful ( was Re: A message from Auntie )

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sat Nov 1 15:27:21 PDT 2014

This is a problem the BBC should have foreseen. As soon as you put software into embedded devices like TVs or PVRs, either you have to support it for at least 10 years or you will break someone's viewing experience. It appears to me that insufficient thought was given to this. I've been in the software industry for nearly 30 years and I foresaw problems like this about 3 years ago.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK