ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed. ???

David Lewis david at lewisfamily.id.au
Thu May 29 18:17:03 PDT 2014

Thanks for your replies

Sorry for my ignorance but can you explain about CDNs please

I tried adding your suggested command line but unfortunately resulted in the
same error.   The log exceeds the 40kB limit for posts so I haven't included
it.

I'm in Australia and am using Unblock-us.  I can access iPlayer from IE
browser, and can use the Iplayer Download program (on Win 8.1) - no problems

The consensus here seems to be that BBC is still detecting I'm not in the UK
when using get_player and refusing connection.  Would that be a reasonable
assumption??

Are the any suggestions regarding being able to permanently retain files
downloaded using iplayer_download

Regards
David