Modes=best?

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 04:58:34 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-22 9:30 AM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> Using modes=best I still only get the non-HD version.
>
> Have I missed a trick somewhere?

As far as I can see, the update to the modes functionality was centered
on the 'default' behaviour. --modes=best should have still been
downloading the 'best' quality regardless of the installation version.

You could re-run the command with --modes=flashhd to see if you can
manually download the HD version, just make sure that there is an HD
version of course!

If it doesn't, here could be lots of other things going on and maybe a
full uninstall/reinstall would be the simplest rather than bug chase,
and then go from there if there is still an issue.