Problem with thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:31:06 EDT 2014

On 19/03/2014 08:35, Budgie wrote:
> On 18/03/14 23:02, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>>> longer be valid for some programmes.  For now, always use an explicit
>>> --thumbsize=n, where n=1-6, or add it to your preferences.  If you
>
> 1.    I have no idea what thumbsize to use.  How can I tell what has
> been used up until now.  Will experiment but then...

See above: 1-6 in increasing size order, 6 = 640x360.  Use
--thumbnail-only to download only thumbnails if you want to compare
different settings.

> 2.    Have used openSUSE repo version to date.  I am most grateful as
> are we all for dinkypumpkin's prompt fix.  I assume HEAD is a Git thing
> but please could somebody point me to the idiots guide on how to find
> and install.

I didn't make this clear:  For Linux/Unix/OSX, you aren't required to
update to get rid of grey rectangles so long as you specify --thumbsize.
  If you want to update anyway, use the docs young padewan:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/installation