Problem with thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:15:48 EDT 2014

On 18/03/2014 08:04, Shevek wrote:
> image file is not jpg/png and cannot be embedded.
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to tag MP4 file

There are a couple of things going on:

1. The default thumbnail URL generated by get_iplayer appears to no
longer be valid for some programmes.  For now, always use an explicit
--thumbsize=n, where n=1-6, or add it to your preferences.  If you
forget and get a solid grey thumbnail, you can use --thumbsize with
--thumbnail-only to re-download the thumbnail image.

2. The AtomicParsley error only occurs on Windows, and only with
get_iplayer HEAD.  I'm not sure why it has only begun to show up now,
but one of my earlier changes must have fallen foul of yet another
Windows gotcha.  For the moment, stick with the release version on
Windows until I can sort it out.