How to download subtitles when episode is not in cache

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Fri Jun 20 13:13:26 PDT 2014

On 20 Jun 2014 at 0:14, dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For now, a quick and dirty suggestion: Try using --subtitles and start a
> download of the programme, something like:
>
> get_iplayer --subtitles --pid b046w2n8
>
> When rtmpdump kicks off, kill it (Ctrl-C or use Task Manager in Windows
> to kill perl.exe and rtmpdump.exe, in that order).  You'll be left with
> a .partial.srt file in your output directory that contains the
> subtitles, along with the partially-downloaded FLV file, which you can
> delete.

Exactly what I do if initial download of show missed subtitles or they were
not available when download started.

btw: every download I do is "pid not found in tv cache" as I prefer not
having a screen-full of programmes when I run the PVR.

Cheers,

Peter

15GB + 5GB bonus Free cloud storage, no credit card details required:
https://copy.com?r=VnqHxA   5GB bonus for both for using referal link

Cloud storage space and app provided by https://www.barracuda.com
Files are stored on Barracuda's own servers, not amazon/aws or other third
party as most including dropbox use