BBC Website problems causing difficulties to get_iplayer

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sun Jul 20 14:03:14 PDT 2014

On 20 Jul 2014 at 17:12, Chris Marriott Chris Marriott
<chris at chrism.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> There's a notice on the site that currently says:
>
> BBC iPlayer " Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 July
>
> We are currently experiencing technical difficulties affecting certain parts
> of BBC Online which are resulting in error messages and slow response times
> for the BBC iPlayer service across a range of platforms and devices.
>
> This is under urgent investigation and we will update this FAQ once we have
> more information.
>
> *** Update 20 July ***
>
> Intermittent technical issues are still affecting BBC Online. These are
> under investigation.

I wonder if it is a DDOS attack

Cheers,

Peter

15GB + 5GB bonus Free cloud storage, no credit card details required:
https://copy.com?r=VnqHxA   5GB bonus for both for using referal link

Cloud storage space and app provided by https://www.barracuda.com
Files are stored on Barracuda's own servers, not amazon/aws or other third
party as most including Dropbox use