Web PVR stopped working

list100 at masbelair.com list100 at masbelair.com
Sat Jul 12 23:04:04 PDT 2014

Hello all.

Since RadioDownloader was discontinued last year I've been using the
Windows version of get_iplayer without any trouble to download radio
programmes only (I dont use the TV part). Thanks to the
developers/maintainers for that.

A couple of days ago, for no apparent reason, the PVR webpage stopped
including (I think) deleting all the relevant folders.

At the moment when I start the Web PVR Manager I get the cmd box and
these three lines of text:
DEBUG: Command: ".\get_iplayer.cmd" --nopurge --nocopyright --show-options
DEBUG: Command: ".\get_iplayer.cmd" --nopurge --nocopyright --listplugins
INFO: Listening on 127.0.0.1:1935

Firefox opens with a new blank window and  "localhost:1935" in the
address bar. The status bar at the bottom just shows "waiting for
localhost" and the page never loads.

I tried loading localhost:1935 in Chrome and IE and they dont work there
either.
I also tried 127.0.0.1:1935 in all three browsers and that doesnt work.

The CLI of get_iplayer does seem to work correctly, but I really dont
like it.

My downloaded storage folder is on a NAS, but I dont think that should
be causing a problem (it never has before).

I can ping 127.0.0.1 and localhost successfully. I dont have any other
webservers running that I know of. Everything else seems to be working
normally on my PC.

I've tried deactivating my firewall/antivirus. I've deleted the browser
cache. My hosts file hasnt changed. My OS is Win7.

Is there anything else I can try?

TIA